How to put your face on your AirPods case with Apple’s free Memoji engraving
Apple started offering free engraving with the second-generation AirPods in 2019 and added emoji in early 2020. But did you know that with free Memoji engraving, you can put your own face on your AirPods? Here's where the option is and how to get to it.
If you go to Apple's website to order a new pair of AirPods or AirPods Pro, you can choose to have them engraved. This includes being able to use the alphabet, numbers, and more than 40 emoji.
Apple added the ability to engrave Memoji on AirPods with the AirPods Pro 2 model. This can only be done through the Apple Store app.
In the release notes for version 5.18, Apple just mentioned the Memoji engraving feature that is unique to this app. But in September, when the AirPods Pro 2 came out, there was a small mention of the new feature.
How to engrave AirPods with Memoji
- Open the Apple Store app (free download)
- Search for AirPods or AirPods Pro
- Near the top under “Personalize them for free,” tap Add Engraving
- Tap the text box > now tap the Memoji tab just above the emoji
- Choose Allow Access
- Now you can pick from your existing Memoji or create a new one
- Tap Save in the top right corner when you’ve decided
- Swipe down and buy your custom AirPods
The steps are as follows:
You can use 29 different Memoji expressions, which you can get from Apple. You can also choose from the animals that are already there, make a new one, or pick one that you have already made.
When you're done, click "Save" in the upper right corner and buy your custom AirPods. Thanks for reading our guide on how to use Memoji to engrave your AirPods.